This quick salad makes a great meal or snack on its own, stuffed into an avocado half or wrapped in Romaine lettuce leaves as a sandwich. High in protein and fiber, it’s a great option for those in a cutting phase or trying to lose body fat without going hungry.
- 1 19-ounce can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 6-ounce can tuna packed in water, drained and flaked with a fork
- ¼ cup chopped red onions
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
- ½ cup baby spinach leaves, chopped
- 2 T Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
In a medium bowl, combine the beans, tuna, onions, celery and spinach leaves and mix well with a fork.
In a separate, small bowl, whisk together the mustard, salt and pepper. Stir into the tuna mixture and refrigerate overnight. Makes 4 servings.
Calories: 315 Protein: 23g Fat: 8g Carbs: 34g